Tonight’s Presidential debate
Posted: 16 October 2012 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-11-24

How’s your candidate doing tonight? Share your opinion here!

Signature 

Serving your need to know…
http://www.themercury.com

Posted: 16 October 2012 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2011-07-25

didn’t watch.  only the first debate matters.  i’m sure the president showed-up for this one.  and with candy handing out the sweets, well, that should have worked in his favor.

Posted: 17 October 2012 05:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

You missed a good one, Bob!  Faux News is crying, this morning, because of moderator favoritism.  Crowley did a good job attempting to keep moving from topic to topic and allowing as many questions from the audience as possible.  Romney always wants the last word.  He looked frustrated, tired, and about as “un-presidential” as I’ve seen him.  The President did come to the event much better prepared for “fisticuffs” than he did for the first debate. 
The first debate saw Romney run away with the post-debate polls.  Last night’s event has it a much more even scoring, giving the President a slight win.

If undecideds were leaning towards Obama, but the first event had them second-guessing that choice, last night’s performance will move them back to that camp.  If the undecideds were leaning towards Romney, and had moved even further in that direction after the first debate, they may be swallowing hard this morning.

Posted: 17 October 2012 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-25

i’m not surprised candy delivered the goods.  glad i passed.  i expected the president to do better.  just showing up this time would have been a victory for him, i suppose.  thankfully, this will soon be over one way or the other, and we’ll know then how far left the country has moved politically.

Posted: 17 October 2012 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2011-07-27
Bob Strawn - 16 October 2012 09:18 PM

didn’t watch.  only the first debate matters.  i’m sure the president showed-up for this one.  and with candy handing out the sweets, well, that should have worked in his favor.

“What a fool believes he sees, no wise man can reason away.”

Posted: 17 October 2012 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

Welcome, Jerry!!  Please be cautious about hurting Bob’s feelings.  He’s and old man, see.  Feeble, aged too soon by years of hard work… slaving behind a desk.  :>)

I caught tidbits from Beck, Limbaugh, Huckabee, and Faux this morning.  These folks are really upset.  They were fine with Leher refraining from keeping Romney to a time limit during the first debate.  Yet, they’ve really hammered the next two moderators who have been diligent in keeping the discussion moving from topic to topic.  Guess your opinon of the moderator depends on whether or not you feel your candidate was successful in the event.

Posted: 17 October 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-25

i thought it was about candy offering obama evidence, no?

Posted: 17 October 2012 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-07-27

I too am an old guy, but, that doesn’t stop me from listening to reason.  Try reading this and coming to the conclusions the Romney team has:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/18/us/politics/questions-and-answers-on-the-benghazi-attack.html?hp
Romney/Ryan are trying so hard to politicize Libya, they stop listening when they hear what they want to hear.  I realize the NY Times is not Fox, but, the Times has done a good job of reporting on the “act of terror”.

Posted: 17 October 2012 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-25

good to see the obama times has grasped the details, a month after the fact.

Posted: 17 October 2012 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-07-27

I suppose CNN is in the President’s pocket too: http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/17/politics/fact-check-terror/index.html?hpt=hp_bn3

Posted: 17 October 2012 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-25

i really can’t believe people are seriously arguing about this point at this late hour.

Enlarge Photo

Susan Rice, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, said Sunday that last week’s deadly attack on a U.S. consulate in Libya was a spontaneous reaction to an Internet video offensive to Muslims and not a premeditated response to U.S. foreign policy in the Arab world.

Read more: U.N. Ambassador Rice says attack in Libya ‘spontaneous’ - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/sep/16/ambassador-rice-libya-attacks-not-spurred-us-polic/#ixzz29aIAWT5w
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Posted: 17 October 2012 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-07-27

So the Washington Times is believable even when they don’t print what Rice said:
On September 16, Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, said, “We do not have information at present that leads us to conclude that this was premeditated or preplanned.”
That is definitely not: “... that last week’s deadly attack on a U.S. consulate in Libya was a spontaneous reaction to an Internet video offensive to Muslims and not a premeditated response to U.S. foreign policy in the Arab world.”
Instead they print what they wanted to hear.  As somebody once said “Facts matter”.
Oh and by the way, Mitt brought up his version last night (over a month after the incident and Fox continues to harp on this everyday nonstop).  But, since you didn’t watch the debate I guess you missed it.

Posted: 17 October 2012 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-25

i listened at the time.  she said it was the result of the video.  obama said it time after time as well.  as did his press secretary.  they should simply say they were wrong and move on.  voters are not fools.

Posted: 17 October 2012 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-07-27

Let’s hope not.  You can fool some of the people…

Posted: 17 October 2012 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

“Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get fooled again.”... as stated by one of our most celebrated Presidents.

Posted: 17 October 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-25

Mitt Romney has taken a six-point lead over President Obama in the latest Gallup national tracking poll — his biggest lead to date and the first time he has led outside the margin of error.
The latest seven-day tracking poll of likely voters shows Romney at 51 percent and Obama at 45 percent, up from 50-46 on Tuesday and 49-47 on Monday.

Washington Post

must be a lot of new fools.

w’post

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.