Murder and Mayhem in Manhattan
Posted: 08 April 2013 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

So, another murder in Manhattan. Starting to resemble the Big Apple.

Posted: 09 April 2013 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

Manhattan suffered multiple losses, over the weekend.  Our thoughts and prayers need to be with the families of those lost in the shooting incident and the plane crash. 

We will see additional crime as our population grows.  Unfortunate.  Manhattan is still a relatively safe place to live and remains a dynamic community, poised for even more growth.  I have every faith and confidence in the Riley County Police Department to “protect and to serve”.

Guess your kids running dirt bikes up and down the streets of Hooterville isn’t all bad, considering the criminal element we have recently witnessed here in Manhattan.

Posted: 09 April 2013 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

I remember walking home from Aggieville in the dark, about ten blocks.  I would never do that now. It may be just a perception of greater danger, but nonetheless, it is the way I feel.

Posted: 09 April 2013 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

On the surface, Sunday’s incident looks like an apartment building resident tired of the partying next door and started shooting.  Who knows what the circumstances were that put him over the edge.  That is not indicitive of a “criminal element” who would prey on folks walking home from AV.  So far, I don’t know of anyplace in Manhattan where I would ba fearful of walking a few blocks if my vehicle broke down.  During the 10 years we lived in the KC area, there were parts of that metroplex where I was fearful driving in daylight.

Posted: 09 April 2013 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

There have been quite a few people assaulted while walking home from Aggieville. Call it a criminal element or a drunk element, the result is the same.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.