Mercury editorializing paid advertisements….
Posted: 17 March 2013 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

The Mercury may have won a number of awards, but accuracy on what they print isn’t one.  One of the paid political letters, in the Sunday Mercury, has a Mercury generated title of “Nuss and McCulloh…”, suggesting the author is comparing these two candidates to two other people who have made an impact on her life.  Ummm… I read and reread the letter.  I couldn’t find McCulloh mentioned anywhere in the letter, only Nuss.  Guess there’s not 2 cents difference in these two, as both will… if elected… have no issue with raising our already sky-high property taxes.  Interesting, though, that The Mercury’s editorial staff takes the liberty to connect the dots.

Posted: 17 March 2013 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

I rather like the system.  It saves me time.  When I see “Paid Political Advertisement”, I just move on to the next page. I did read one hilariously stupid one in the paper this morning. I think the Mercury should warn some people that if they print this letter, it will make the writer look stupid.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.