< 1 2 3
3 of 3
The Mercury… Hypocrisy At Its Best!!!
Posted: 14 March 2013 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  478
Joined  2012-10-10

I figured that Kathy viewed the K column with about as much love as I felt for the recent contributing writer paid advertisement from Grace.  As to the real issue – Mr. K’s cheeseburgers and such, was that an Aggieville location in say 1979?

Posted: 14 March 2013 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Wynn,
You bet it was around then.  It was owned by a good friend of mine who also owned several other bars/restaurants.  My assistants and I had lunch there almost everyday.

Posted: 14 March 2013 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2012-10-21

“I just do the final edit and posting . . .  ”  “We will of course not publish stuff like Grace posted to the Mercury.”

You’re cracking me up! What category would you put the voters guides that “guessed” and “inferred” how the candidates who didn’t respond would have answered the questions?

A tip for your future “editing” of Mr. Kaw postings, it’s “midst” not “mists.”

Posted: 14 March 2013 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  478
Joined  2012-10-10

That voter’s guide turned out to be more accurate than OM originally envisioned; as more and more forums are completed the predictions in that guide were spot on.  The crew that created that thing should be commended. In either case all that was needed was for the candidates to answer the questions and corrections would have been made.  The Mercury questions were very close to the OM voter’s guide and the answers and non- answers provided so far further confirmed the validity of the inferences. 

Midst or mist depends on your intent.  Mist – drops of water in the air or midst in the center, in the case of FPD – mist as in drops of alcohol in the air (plus it was drizzling rain at the time).   

Posted: 14 March 2013 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  281
Joined  2012-10-10
Wynn Butler - 14 March 2013 06:03 PM

The Mercury questions were very close to the OM voter’s guide

Interesting.

Is sad-larious a word? It should be.

Posted: 14 March 2013 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  281
Joined  2012-10-10

Brought over from the sports forum where Michael and Larry are hiding out:

Larry Williams - 14 March 2013 12:32 PM

the food fights like have been recently observed in the political forum.

If those “food fights” were truly the insubstantial posts you claim they are, you wouldn’t run and hide from them, or go sneaking off to off-topic forums to grouse about them. You’d actually counter them with facts and engage in discussion. But you never do, Larry. You’ve labeled my posts where I call Bob Strawn out on his lies “food fights” for years, and have on several occasions helped him by trying to discredit me by spreading lies about me—but never engaged in actual discussion about all the things Strawn has said or done.

Look, I’m done here, so you guys can stop shaking in your boots. If the screen captures of Bob’s old posts disappear from here, I’ll just post them on my own website, but otherwise I won’t post more. I know what Manhattan is like. I know those screencaps are probably GETTING Bob votes; this is the town that made international news by electing a council that ran on a deliberate anti-gay platform, after all.

< 1 2 3
3 of 3

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.