1 2 > 
1 of 2
Illegal Aliens & Amnesty
Posted: 03 March 2013 03:44 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2013-02-18

It’s sad when some politicians and segments of our population want to degrade our American Citizenship to the point where it has no value or meaning.

Posted: 03 March 2013 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Dave,
I don’t suppose you would care to be more specific, would you?

Posted: 03 March 2013 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

It’s sad when some politicians and segments of our population want to degrade the freedom, liberty, and opportunity this great Country affords those who call Her home.  If a bi-partisan plan can be developed and implemented to allow those who have come here, those who have labored long and hard to feed families, the ability to become citizens… that would be one of the first things Congress has worked together to accomplish.  The current bi-partisan effort is NOT an amnesty program.  It is an effort to find a path to citizenship that includes certain consequences for entering the County illegally. 

Posted: 03 March 2013 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Who are we talking about here?  The Swedish?, the Italians?, the Germans?, the Irish?, the Chinese?...oh wait, I’ll bet it is only the Mexicans.  They are a bad bunch, and, if I am right, that inscription on the statue of liberty, specifically excludes Mexicans…I am sure I am correct on that.  Those damned liberals try to reinterpret that to mean all people are welcome to “the land of the free”. We know, however, that this notion is subversive. We just ain’t fallin’ for it. And, let’s not forget those Brits that snuck in a few hundred years ago. We should get rid of them and their spawn. Oh wait…then none of us would be here, touting the “American Way”...What to do, what to do?

Posted: 03 March 2013 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

MIchael, we all know he’s talking about the folks coming in from Mexico.  The far right is still suggesting all that is evil in our Country is a result of allowing those of color to vote.  The last thing we want is for them thar Mexikans to becom ‘Merikans and be able to vote.  We might even end up with another black President… or a brown one.  If you read the Constitution, it says nothing about allowing non-whites to vote.

Posted: 03 March 2013 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18
Michael Hadley - 03 March 2013 08:12 AM

Dave,

We have 11 million illegal aliens that have broken our immigration laws to get here.
Now we have Politicians & other Americans including members of the Hispanic community wanting to grant them American Citizenship based on what.
There are thousands of immigrants that are waiting in their country to enter here the legal way, that are suffering as much and in some case more than the illegals
so why should we move 11 million of them to the head of the line and reward their illegal behavior with Citizenship?
The line to enter our country starts inside the border of their own country,not ours.

Posted: 03 March 2013 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

I say keep them all out.  My friend Crazy Horse agrees.

Posted: 03 March 2013 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18
Larry Williams - 03 March 2013 01:43 PM

It’s sad when some politicians and segments of our population want to degrade the freedom, liberty, and opportunity this great Country affords those who call Her home.  If a bi-partisan plan can be developed and implemented to allow those who have come here, those who have labored long and hard to feed families, the ability to become citizens… that would be one of the first things Congress has worked together to accomplish.  The current bi-partisan effort is NOT an amnesty program.  It is an effort to find a path to citizenship that includes certain consequences for entering the County illegally. 

We tried it in 1986 and now look at the results, we have 11 million more wanting the same thing.
What kind of message does that send to the millions of immigrants in Canada and all of South American,
that if you can get here and hide out without getting caught for 20 or 30 years then someone
will feel sorry for you and suggest we grant them amnesty also.
Our current population is around 315 Million (wag) we allow in over 900,000 legal immigrants a year factor
in The Chain Migration act and you have a ticking time bomb. We cannot be everything for everyone in the world.

Posted: 03 March 2013 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18
Michael Hadley - 03 March 2013 01:59 PM

Who are we talking about here?  The Swedish?, the Italians?, the Germans?, the Irish?, the Chinese?...oh wait, I’ll bet it is only the Mexicans.  They are a bad bunch, and, if I am right, that inscription on the statue of liberty, specifically excludes Mexicans…I am sure I am correct on that.  Those damned liberals try to reinterpret that to mean all people are welcome to “the land of the free”. We know, however, that this notion is subversive. We just ain’t fallin’ for it. And, let’s not forget those Brits that snuck in a few hundred years ago. We should get rid of them and their spawn. Oh wait…then none of us would be here, touting the “American Way”...What to do, what to do?

The inscription at the base of the Statute of Liberty concludes, “I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
It says nothing about welcoming people who bypass our entry doors by climbing walls, swimming rivers and sneaking under border fences.

Posted: 03 March 2013 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18
Larry Williams - 03 March 2013 04:01 PM

MIchael, we all know he’s talking about the folks coming in from Mexico.  The far right is still suggesting all that is evil in our Country is a result of allowing those of color to vote.  The last thing we want is for them thar Mexikans to becom ‘Merikans and be able to vote.  We might even end up with another black President… or a brown one.  If you read the Constitution, it says nothing about allowing non-whites to vote.

There are 11 million illegal aliens in our country 6.6 Million of them are Mexicans, that’s not a racist, just the facts.

And just because they can wade or swim across a river doesn’t give them a right at the head of the line!

And the U.S. Constitution also doesn’t say you can ignore our immigration laws to get here.

Illegals by Race or Country

Mexico continued to be the leading source country of unauthorized
immigration to the United States (see Table 3).

There were 6.6 million
unauthorized immigrants from Mexico in 2010, representing 62 percent
of the unauthorized population.

The next leading source countries
for unauthorized immigrants in 2010 were El Salvador
(620,000), Guatemala (520,000), Honduras (330,000), and the
Philippines (280,000).

The ten leading
countries of origin represented 86 percent
of the unauthorized immigrant
population in 2010.

The number of Mexican-born unauthorized
immigrants increased by 2.3
million between 2000 and 2007 and
decreased by 340,000 between 2007
and 2010.

Changes in the unauthorized
population were much smaller
during either period for other leading
source countries.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/ois_ill_pe_2010.pdf

As for your concern about non-whites not being allowed to vote, this amendment to the Constitution covers it.

Amendment XV

(The proposed amendment was sent to the states Feb. 27, 1869, by the Fortieth Congress. It was ratified Feb. 3, 1870.)

Section 1

[Right of certain citizens to vote established.]

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Read more: Amendments to the Constitution of the United States | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0749825.html#ixzz2MWZ9RXya

Posted: 03 March 2013 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

I’m thinking we should just shoot anyone who comes into the United States from a foreign country.  How dare they want to be a part of the land of the smoke-free and brave? This just is not right.  If we don’t NIP IT IN THE BUD, we’ll have Mexicans sitting next to our children in the schools…maybe even Chinks. Good Lord, what are we to do?  I’ll write a letter to my good friend, Sam Brownback.  He will stop this nonsense so that we can all sleep without worry. Until then, I will keep my pistols next to my bed.

Posted: 03 March 2013 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

By the way, Dave,
You missed something on that statue of liberty inscription, which, I might add makes no mention of legal status. You might want to read the entire inscription.
If we all needed passports to come to this country, none of us would be here because our ancestors…by your definition…were illegal aliens. You might want to think about that before your next rant.

Posted: 03 March 2013 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2012-10-10
Dave Avery - 03 March 2013 04:55 PM

The inscription at the base of the Statute of Liberty concludes, “I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
It says nothing about welcoming people who bypass our entry doors by climbing walls, swimming rivers and sneaking under border fences.

Or landing their ships on rocks after running away from their native England because people were too tolerant over there.

So what Native tribe are you a member of, Dave?

Posted: 04 March 2013 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18
Michael Hadley - 03 March 2013 09:33 PM

By the way, Dave,
You missed something on that statue of liberty inscription, which, I might add makes no mention of legal status. You might want to read the entire inscription.
If we all needed passports to come to this country, none of us would be here because our ancestors…by your definition…were illegal aliens. You might want to think about that before your next rant

Sorry Mikie, there were no immigration laws back then! lol

Posted: 04 March 2013 02:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18
Michael Hadley - 03 March 2013 08:12 AM

Dave,

I remember during the Vietnam war we had American citizens burning & defacing The American flag, but I don’t recall illegal aliens coming here and doing it !

Police Watch as SB1070 Illegal alien supporters desecrate US Flag during

National Anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93Ka7y8XrPc

Until now.

Posted: 04 March 2013 02:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18
Michael Hadley - 03 March 2013 09:18 PM

I’m thinking we should just shoot anyone who comes into the United States from a foreign country.  How dare they want to be a part of the land of the smoke-free and brave? This just is not right.  If we don’t NIP IT IN THE BUD, we’ll have Mexicans sitting next to our children in the schools…maybe even Chinks. Good Lord, what are we to do?  I’ll write a letter to my good friend, Sam Brownback.  He will stop this nonsense so that we can all sleep without worry. Until then, I will keep my pistols next to my bed

Mikie, this is an Interesting article and very true!

1965 Immigration act, Quote:                                                                                               

Among those who more accurately foresaw the future effects of the change in immigration law was a certain Myra C. Hacker,

Vice President of the New Jersey Coalition, who testified at a Senate immigration subcommittee hearing:

“In light of our 5 percent unemployment rate, our worries over the so called population explosion, and our menacingly mounting welfare costs, are we prepared to embrace so great a horde of the world’s unfortunates? At the very least, the hidden mathematics of the bill should be made clear to the public so that they may tell their Congressmen how they feel about providing jobs, schools, homes, security against want, citizen education, and a brotherly welcome ... for an indeterminately enormous number of aliens from underprivileged lands.”

“We should remember that people accustomed to such marginal existence in their own land will tend to live fully here, to hoard our bounteous minimum wages and our humanitarian welfare handouts ... lower our wage and living standards, disrupt our cultural patterns ...”

“Whatever may be our benevolent intent toward many people, [the bill] fails to give due consideration to the economic needs, the cultural traditions, and the public sentiment of the citizens of the United States.” (U.S. Senate, Subcommittee on Immigration and Naturalization of the Committee on the Judiciary, Washington, D.C., Feb. 10, 1965. pp. 681-687.)

Agree?

1 2 > 
1 of 2

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.