The weekend is almost upon us
Posted: 28 February 2013 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Not that weekends are a big deal in Hadley World.  Same as any other days.  BUT, don’t forget about the Library sale this weekend. Some great bargains and for a good cause. I may get a chance to meet Stacia.  She and I will be the only two people fighting over the VHS tapes. That is how I will recognize her.
Finished the second book in a series and sent it off to the editor who said he liked it, BUT, I just need to move a few chapters and rewrite others, and change one of the characters, and that my use of “which”...which he says is excessive, should be changed to “that” and then halved. Picky, picky. This is starting to feel like work, and he is acting like an ...dare I say it…an employer.

Posted: 28 February 2013 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2012-10-10

I used to volunteer for the book sale, but a few years ago they changed the date to my anniversary weekend, so now I rarely even go to the sale let alone volunteer. Sorry.

Did your first book get published?

Posted: 01 March 2013 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Stacia,
Sort of.No Random House…  It is a small press and they specialize in e-books.  They plan to release it in paperback at a later date (I suspect that will depend on the e-book sales :-).) Now people with Nook can get it through Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Amazon and for those who don’t have those devices, I think it is available on Smashwords where it can be downloaded to a PC.
I don’t want any more books…I have too many.  I go to check out the old VHS…I know they have some real classics stashed away.

Posted: 02 March 2013 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Well, that was a blowout.  The last two sales I have been out of the country and I suspect they sold all the good movies while I was gone. “13 going on thirty” didn’t appeal to me and that was pretty much the type of B movie they were selling, and they only had a couple of carts of those.

‹‹ Naval Brunch      Ned, re Off the Beat column ››

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.