Well, it appears we have another piddly-ass storm
Posted: 25 February 2013 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Does anyone see any snow?  Not from my windows.  Another storm of the century? Probably not even a storm of the month..I wonder what kind of degree it takes to become a meteorologist?...I am guessing you must have to read a lot of Stephen King.  As Larry pointed out, however, this does work well for the grocery stores…Get’s rid of all those out-dated canned goods.
I am parked in the yard though…just in case these people might be right.  I remember my father’s words…“Even a blind hog can find an acorn once in a while.”...Words to live by.

Posted: 25 February 2013 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

Careful, Michael, telling folks to park in their yards.  Do that here in Manhappiness and you’ll be ticketed.  I like that.  Keeps the neighborhoods from turning into something that resembles Missouri or Arkansas.

Yep, looks like we’re on the very edge of anything major.  That’s okay.  Cabin fever can be captivating…..

Posted: 25 February 2013 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Larry,
You can smoke freely in Arkansas and Missouri.
I did post a disclaimer to the parking in the yard trick. I don’t recommend it in Manhattan.  It works perfectly in Hooterville, however.
So far, it looks like the predictions are wrong. I certainly hope so.  Stop doing that shoveling…unless you have a death wish.  You are too old to be out shoveling snow…and then being fed chili.
Does your wife have a young guy on the side? Make her go shovel the snow…if it ever appears…then feed her some chili.

Posted: 26 February 2013 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Well, that was quite the blizzard. Larry, have your groundskeeper shovel the remaining snow.
It appears that your wife will have to find another way of getting rid of you.

Posted: 26 February 2013 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

The “blizzard of the century” turned out to be a fizzle… as far as Manhattan is concerned.  Further south, they did get dumped on.  They can keep it down there!!!!

MIchael, you’ve virtually caught me re post count.  However, both of your most recent posts in this thread say they are your total post count is 255.  Shouldn’t the post following 255 be 256??  Seems the clock AND the post counter are quite similar in technical performance as The Mercury’s proofreader.

Posted: 26 February 2013 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

When do we get our fifth green box? We know they can’t tell time, or count, but I was so looking forward to that fifth green box. It would be like driving an Escalade a hundred miles an hour down Bluemont, and running over bicyclists. I have dreams about that.

Posted: 26 February 2013 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-10-10

I have dreams about that - I’d be the bicyclist.  Hmmmmm…should we be watching you Michael?  And for safety’s sake - what time of day do you drive down Bluemont??? Just curious.  :-)

Posted: 26 February 2013 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Brad,
I certainly wouldn’t run over you…I am not stupid.  Only the ones going in the wrong direction, running stop signs, and that sort of thing. You might certainly want to keep an eye on me.  I drive Bluemont at around six in the morning. You might also want to keep an eye on those ATA busses.  Their drivers are much more dangerous than I am. Is it OK to park in my yard during great blizzards, like the one we had today?
Great to see you back on the forum!

Posted: 26 February 2013 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Brad,
By the way, my Escalade is disguised as a 1993 Buick.  A clever ruse on my part.

Posted: 26 February 2013 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2012-10-10

The husband and I have been joking about the massive storm we got that put negative snow on the ground.

Hilariously, we got pizza delivery last night and the poor kid doing deliveries was 30 minutes late, scared to death of flurries and a little slush on the streets. He talked our ear off about how he wasn’t sure he could get out of the horrible Icelandic quagmire that is our street… which was half clear from melting, and while bumpy, wasn’t slick in the least. Poor feller. Of course, he was so baked he could barely keep his eyes open, so that may have been part of his problem.

Posted: 27 February 2013 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-10-10

A buick - hahaha.  And I’m with ya on the busses, I’ve experienced two close calls with them while riding (two wheels).  Not out at 6:00 very often, so I’m likely safe - I guess.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.