Six topics, 26 replies, several days
Posted: 14 October 2012 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Seven posters, one of whom is the administrator, and two others that suggested they will be leaving the forum.  This is not an auspicious start to the new and improved forum.  Where is Curm, DA, Irene and all the others?  Gone.  By the way, what happened to the blogs.  Are they history too?

Posted: 14 October 2012 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

I still hope it’s the fact that The Mercury staff goes home on Friday afternoon and doesn’t return until Monday a.m.  There may be additional requests for access that will have to go through the process where they learn the “secret handshake”.  One way to look at it, Michael, is just think of how exclusive this club is.  There’s not room for “riffraff”.  It’s just us’ns who’re ‘potent and ejukated!!!!

Posted: 14 October 2012 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Larry,
Glad you responded.  I was beginning to think I was here all alone.  We’ll see what happens, but I think, if the forum is to continue in any meaningful way, The Mercury will need to revisit this real name policy.

Posted: 16 October 2012 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2012-10-11

I don’t think its so much the real name issue, but rather how cumbersome the system is.  I waited 5 days for registration to take, and then had to ask for permission to post, which took yet another step.

Posted: 17 October 2012 05:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

Welcome, Darren!  The protocol for gaining the “privilege” to post here is, as you say, entirely too cumbersome.  When people have something on their mind and want to say it, they aren’t going to wait a week to post it here.  A week later, either the issue has been resolved… or forgotten.  I would think The Mercury would put the new board as a priority so it could prove successful.  The does not appear to be the direction they are taking.

Posted: 17 October 2012 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Yes Darren, welcome.  We are now six in number and growing stronger by the week.  Did Larry tell you about the secret handshake?

Posted: 17 October 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2012-10-11
Michael Hadley - 17 October 2012 07:26 AM

Yes Darren, welcome.  We are now six in number and growing stronger by the week.  Did Larry tell you about the secret handshake?

Not yet - but I assume I will be given the full briefing at the next clandestine meeting of the SSC.  (Somewhat Secret Club)

Posted: 17 October 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

I assume he also failed to mention the branding ceremony. It really doesn’t hurt that badly.

Posted: 17 October 2012 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

Nothing more invgorating than the smell of burning flesh at midnight.  The irons are red hot. The anticipation becomes much worse than the pain of…

MICHAEL!!!  Wait!  We can’t have this clandestine ongoings when the vampires and werewolves are out.  The Mercury staff is only on the payroll from about 10 a.m. to shortly after noon…. 5 days/week.  The Rules of Rational Rhetoric on The Manhattan Mistake’s Discussion Board will need dispensed to we who dwell here.  Shouldn’t take too long to print up the Rules.  It it’s like the newspaper, proof reading is not a step in the process.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.