So, the Jackass returns to his roots
Posted: 15 February 2013 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Fitting, I guess, that Brownbutt is a featured speaker for the KSU celebration. He was a jerk when he was student body president, and he is a bigger jerk now.  Happy Birthday KSU!

Posted: 16 February 2013 05:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

Hopefully, most will remember that the Governor spoke… not who the Governor is.  Sadly, however, the is a cult following of one who will continue to do damage to the citizens of Kansas before he leaves office.  Currently, there is some blowback against his latest attempt to move money to the wealthy and leave more of the less fortunate worrying where the next meal is coming from.  Some of this may simply be a few politicians trying to give a false impression of supporting their constituency.  When it comes down to legislative votes, no Republican and few Democrats will want to incur the consequences of voting against a Brownie bill.

Posted: 17 February 2013 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2012-10-21

Hadley, I thought you might enjoy this article.  I’m sure you’ll be very troubled to think about how the legislators are only thinking of themselves and don’t seem to be concerned about the governor and what happens to him the rest of the year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/15/topeka-kansas-flouride_n_2697306.html

Posted: 18 February 2013 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  281
Joined  2012-10-10

Wow, I knew fluoridation used to be a wingnutty talking point decades ago, I didn’t know it still was. Precious bodily fluids, indeed.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.