Collect what???
Posted: 13 February 2013 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

I see litigation has been initiated re the fatality on K-18 some months ago.  What is the net worth of a 24 year old college kid that the attorneys feel they can attach, if the litigation is successful?  Maybe the kid had good insurance and the attorneys are merely trying to collect from the insurance carrier. 

Guess we better not talk too much or we might influence a jury.

Posted: 13 February 2013 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2012-10-10

They are in effect suing the insurance company when they sue the driver, and I believe in Kansas your wages can be garnished for outstanding amounts due if you lose a suit like this. Don’t take my word for it, though - it’s been a while since I was a licensed prop/casualty insurance agent, and I never worked claims.

Posted: 14 February 2013 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

I don’t want to be a rumor monger,or a jury tainter, but, didn’t I read a while back that there was alkyhall involved with this crash?.  If that is not true, then it is probably KDOT that should be sued.  I pity the folks who have had to travel that road.  I won’t use that road. Last summer I was going to a yard sale out on Davis, unaware that it was closed…had to go a couple miles between barricades to turn around.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.