I am done with spook movies
Posted: 08 February 2013 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

I know this is frivolous musing, but, it is the weekend and since Larry and I are the only ones here, what the heck.
I watched a spook movie today…It was called “The Black Woman” or “The Woman in Black” or something like that.  It starred Harry Potter who was attempting to portray an adult.  Anyway, the movie was so predictable that it was tedious.  This seems to be true with all spook movies these days.  Half decomposed bodies jumping out of walls…yawn.  Headless corpses popping up everywhere…yawn.  People wandering through the corridors of old houses with candles…yawn…a bunch of boring, predictable crap.  Not going to scare anyone over the age of three or maybe two.
I haven’t seen a good spook film since “The Omen”...well, maybe “Christine”.
I was working on another novel…which was a spook novel.  At 60,000 words, I ditched it because it was the same old crap…haunted house, scary stuff, innocents caught up in horrific events…yawn.  I do not want to add any more of this ghostly blathering to the saturated marketplace.
So, BOO! Did that scare you?

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

One of the channels we get is “FearNet”.  Wall to wall horror flicks.  I guess my wife and I are wimps.  Once in a while, I can watch one.  It’s no wonder there are some really sick people out there if they stay glued to that blood and gore 24/7.

I enjoyed “Christine”.  Recently watched “Fast 5”, again, getting ready for “Fast and Furious 6”.  Sheesh!  To think we used to believe the ultimate in a “speed” movie was “Thunder Road”.

Posted: 10 February 2013 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2012-10-10

I have a lot of friends in the horror movie aficionado community, and none of them are “sick people.”

Posted: 10 February 2013 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

Stacia, I apologize!!  I should never have suggested all who watch horror movies are “sick”.  That was poor use of words on my part.  Again, I apologize.

Perhaps I should have stated it something like this… Personally, I have a difficult time sitting through horror flicks.  I cannot understand how those who sit through hour after hour of horror movies can remain sane.  But, for the most part, they do.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.