A sad day for all TRUE Wildcat fans
Posted: 19 January 2013 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Well, it looks like Weber and company have won another game.  This is not supposed to be happening.  After the horrible loss of St. Frank of the Foul Mouth because of the foolish Currie person, KSU was not supposed to win a game. When Cole Martincrush left for South Carolina, his successor, a Mr. Jellison, also wished doom on the Weber-led Wildcats.  After all, who could win without the beloved Frank at the helm? This terrible season will show that Currie fellow just who should have been boss.
Even Wyatt Thompson and his little sidekick seem less than enthusiastic about Weber’s Wildcats.  If they weren’t getting kickbacks, they would probably be rooting for the other team.  Even today, they were predicting a loss to KU even before the buzzer sounded to signal a KSU win.  Now, they probably will lose to KU…most everyone does…but it seems to me if you are a paid mouthpiece, you should root for the school that is paying you.
Here is my problem.  I am forced to become a KSU fan because Wyatt seems to be against them.  I have a basic rule.  If Wyatt Thompson supports something, I am opposed to it.  If he endorses a product, I will not buy it…if he endorses a business, I will not shop there.  So, he has forced me into the awkward position of supporting a team from a school I despise.  Another reason to hate the Big Mouth.
Now, if he will utter a discouraging word about Snyder, I will have to become a KSU football fan as well.  Woe is me

Posted: 19 January 2013 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  799
Joined  2012-10-10

Yep!  So sad!!!  Just can’t get this basketball team to lose.  Sheesh!  The “Worshipped One” has his team look completely over-rated in a bowl game. The “One-We-All-Want-To-Look-Bad” is tied for the Big 12 lead and has beatean nationally ranked teams.  Difficult to understand….  :>)

Some extremly exciting games! Hope your cats enjoyed them, Michael!  Hopefully, the Cats can look good against the Hawks on Tuesday.

Posted: 19 January 2013 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Yes, Larry.  It is a dire situation.  Maybe they will lose to KU and all the local sports writers and commentators will feel better.  Of course, if my memory serves me correctly, St. Frank didn’t have a lot of success against the Jayhawks, except for that one time when the hired drug addict was playing.  Perhaps if Bruce had more faces…I remember numerous Mercury articles that showed the many faces of Frankie…Perhaps Bruce should practice scary faces in the mirror.  REAL fans like that sort of thing in a coach.  Maybe he should smack a couple of players…that also helps with REAL KSU fans.
By the way, only one of my cats…Underfooticus…would be considered a “wild cat”.  The other two are pretty tame.  Underfooticus makes the same sort of faces as Frank did when she is reprimanded.  She has threatened to leave for South Carolina if I swat her again for her inappropriate behavior.

Posted: 19 January 2013 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  799
Joined  2012-10-10

IIRC, that one time you reference that Frank’s team beat KU the high-dollar assistant coach got a DUI.  Setting good examples for “student athletes” was Job 1!!!

Posted: 19 January 2013 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Larry,
All that is true, but that staff was composed of wonderful people who prized education…almost as much as they did Rum.
Now, here is the important question:  When do we get our fifth green box?  I think it may be 200…You are closer so I might have to make a bunch of frivolous posts about my cats, who, by the way, are all safely asleep in the foyer.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.