I Love It!!
Posted: 12 January 2013 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  800
Joined  2012-10-10

The reputation of our fair merchants for continuing to rape the citizens by over-charging for gasoline saves me money.  I passed up the $2.99/gallon truck stop gasoline, yesterday… a truck stop that usually has high gas prices.  I passed up the $2.95/gallon gas at two stations in a small town on Highway 75… knowing small communities use the same excuse as does Manhattan gasoline retailers, “It costs more to transport fuel to our town.”  I fueled with the $2.88/gallon gasoline on I-70 at the Maple Hill exit, saving 26 cents/gallon over the $3.14 price in Manhattan. 

Knowing I’ll always pay more, here, I’ve become much more observant in locating less expensive fuel before returning home.  Much rather have the cost savings in my pocket than have it paying for fancy Grand Mere homes and contributing to ripping off of students and military.

Any time a Manhattan resident leaves town for Topeka, Junction City, Salina… anywhere outside our community… fill your vehicle before returning home.  You WILL save dollars!!!

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.