Breaking news…you heard it here first
Posted: 08 January 2013 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Pepperd will not run for re-election. Bob Strawn will be a candidate for the commission. I have good sources on this.  The Mercury will report the same in a week or so.

Posted: 08 January 2013 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2012-10-10

And now we know why Strawn wanted the old forums deleted and hasn’t been posting here lately.

On the assumption that he reads this forum, I should let him know I made a promise to myself that I will repost a copy of his anti-Semitic shenanigans on the old forum if he runs for any kind of office. Not here, but on my own website. Yes, I kept a copy of a lot of stuff Bob said. A LOT of stuff. Just givin’ the guy fair warning so he can start making plans to deny, deny, deny.

Posted: 08 January 2013 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2012-10-10

I hope you are correct.

Posted: 09 January 2013 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

Michael, Loren does appear tired.  He’s done an excellent job, giving back to the community.  However, the time requirements of the Commission and the “pressure cooker enviornment” can be wearing.  I would not doubt your suggestion that Loren is done.
As to Bob, I think you’ve been sniffing your cat litter too long!!!  Bob was totally and completely exhausted.  His wife has had some health issues.  It would surprise me if he would return to the foray.  However, if he would, I do believe it would be a benefit to Manhattan.  Honestly, I believe he and Rich could be two “voices of reason” between the far left McCulloh and the far right Matta/Butler.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.