< 1 2
2 of 2
Felber…. Take off the blinders!!!!
Posted: 08 January 2013 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2012-10-11

Lets analyze what I posted for a minute.

Stacia, really? For those that have been here a long time?
Simply questioning your statement.

Some of us are tired of outsiders wanting to change us to be as it was where they came from.
Stating my opinion and in some cases a fact on what I have seen take place in Manhappiness.

Here’s an idea, if that was such a great place go back there. Some of the changes that have been made are not for the better. Stop putting chunks of concrete in the middle of the roads and building new structures to be a tax burden. Stop telling us that the top 4 listed vicious dogs are not going to harm “anyone”.
Suggesting a solution to some problems instead of changing Manhattan

Really? All the trees cut down on Bluemont back before all the changes Manhattan was better looking and safer for pedestrians than it is now.
Stating my opinion about changes that have taken place and giving from my perspective what I think about some of the changes and its final outcome.

I won’t list all the changes in the past 60 years. Just know I take exception to your statement. You’re wrong in your assessment.
Simply my feelings and opinion about your statement.

Looking at the overall, we have some current events being touched on with the idea of vicious dog control that has been hinted about changing by a person running for City Commission. This also plays into the item 2 in the original post, which is the benefits from those that retire here. The waste of monies with statues and the like in streets while there is real need elsewhere. We have developments changing Manhattan and not being done wisely which is causing one heck of a tax burden. I would think our time would be better spent on those problems and not rehash dog issues.

Dink “Dual Income No Kids”? Well if that is the definition then that is way off. Otherwise someone will have to tell me what a dink is. I do not recall doing any name calling in the previous posts, serves little purpose yet sometimes it’s just fun to do I resort to that sometimes to get a rise out of people. Maybe I did, after all I am old and have been here way too long. Nonetheless Stacia I still do not like all the changes that have taken place nor do I agree that the list really does exemplify all they care about.

So does that put my post into the context of the topic for you? Hope it explains my meaning for you if nothing else. Regardless, to categorize everyone in Manhattan into three, four or even five groups is foolish in my opinion. Signed “Dinks-R-Us”

Posted: 08 January 2013 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

David,
I believe the term “dink” as Stacia implied it it was more to the tune of “Yo-Yo”.“Jerk”, “Idiot”, A-hole”...well, you get the idea.  More common slang in New England than here, however (I found that on the internet!).
Why don’t you respond in kind and call her a name?  Then we can have some fireworks which have been sorely missing from this forum.  Go ahead…I dare you, you spineless dink…:-)

Posted: 08 January 2013 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-11

Dink, yo yo, jerk I don’t care what I am called, who knows maybe I am all those things. Sometimes my wife tells me that and even worse. So what, doesn’t change my point of view or thought. Thanks for the push though Michael.

Posted: 08 January 2013 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

David,
OK…fine…just be nice then.  I had harbored some hopes for a major food fight, but, I guess that won’t happen.  We will now resume our normal boring program.  Take it away Lawrence Welk!

Posted: 08 January 2013 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2012-10-10

Dave, are you aware that you are responding to your own words? You’ve quoted stuff as though you think someone else (me, maybe?) said it.

I get that you’ve got issues you’re concerned about. Everyone gets that. The problem is you started going off on a half dozen non sequiturs in response to me, with an accusatory tone as though you were replying directly to what I said. You weren’t, you were putting words in my mouth, and you did so because you didn’t like what I said about people only caring about K-State around here.

What I said has nothing to do with any of those other issues you brought up. Full stop.

Posted: 08 January 2013 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-11

Sometimes the juice just isn’t worth the squeeze.

< 1 2
2 of 2

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.