I am pleased as punch
Posted: 20 December 2012 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

I am starting to see some activity on this board.  I like that.  Let’s keep it up.

Posted: 21 December 2012 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

Enough of the kissin’ up to those who recently promoted you, (rear) Admiral Hadley!!!!!  :>)

Most of the discussion boards I frequent see traffic drop off during this time of year.  People are involved with family, etc.  It is encouraging to see the increased traffic on this Board.  Perhaps more are recognizing that we few who transitioned to the new format have not been eradicated by the “operators” under the employ of those almighty powerful groups we denegrate… ummm, discuss here.  Hopefully, we will see increased participation, after the holidays, as we approach the April election cycle.  With both City Commission and School Board slots up for election, this election will have significant impact on the future of our community.

Posted: 21 December 2012 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Well, (Brigadier) General Williams.  I hope you are right and that it is the season to be non-communicative.  Perhaps we should meet at the O Club and discuss this further.  We could invite private Strawn to join us.
We could have him serve the drinks.

Posted: 21 December 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

Adm. Hadley:  I find myself most appreciative of the blessed chance to be in the company of both yourself and the Honorable Strawn.  Deep down, I feel my genes moved by the mere possibility of being in company with such aristocracy.  Should Her Majesty, the Queen, and the President of this United States of America give leave to such importance as yourself and Stawn, I would be forever grateful of the opportunity to sip with you.  Two items must be held in negotiation before such a clandestine meeting could be arranged between people of such importance.  One, I doubt the Honorable Strawn would find himself pleased to serve either you nor I.  We should tend to him, as if servants, if he were to bless us with his presence.  The other matter is that the place of such a meeting must serve good, black coffee.  Coffee, I’m afraid, is the strongest drink that touches these lips anymore.  Of course, that does exclude the apple cider vinegar cocktail enjoyed each evening that Brother Hippocrates recommended so many years past.  The physician who is charged with my health suggested no harm from the apple cider vinegar, with the Mother, other than he stated his palate would not tolerate such awful taste in a medicinal drink.  Mixed with a bit of honey, the vinegar does seem to me as quite cheery to the taste buds.  Of course, some would say the significant diet supplement of habeneros and jalepenos consumed by this body, over the years, has long since rendered taste buds incapacitated.
LIberty, please, to wish you and your cats… welll, at least you… a Christmas of the merriest possible to be enjoyed by a person of your years.

Regards,
Gen. Williams

Posted: 21 December 2012 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2012-10-10

Larry - you can request a BG flag. 

Posted: 21 December 2012 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

What about me?  Don’t I get a flag, three box? I always knew you liked Gen Larry better.

Posted: 21 December 2012 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

Michael… Wynn gave you a flag long before he gave me mine.  I believe it’s on another thread.  When you declared yourself an Admiral, he accomodated with a flag.  Yours, IIRC, was blue.

Posted: 21 December 2012 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

By the way, Admiral Hadley, just how “pleased is punch”?  Does punch actually have an emotional side that can express feelings?

Posted: 21 December 2012 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

As posted in an earlier thread - Rear Admiral Lower Half -awarded before Larry’s BG title.  A salute to Rear Admiral Michael.

Posted: 22 December 2012 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

My apologies Wynn, I missed it the first time around.

Posted: 22 December 2012 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Larry,
You will have to ask Hubert Humphrey.  He coined the phrase as far as I know, in the US.  The classical reference it is believed referred to Punch of Punch and Judy fame, and was first used in 1662.

Posted: 22 December 2012 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

By the way Wynn, when you achieve your fourth green box, will you be a general or an admiral?

Posted: 22 December 2012 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

The BG General and Admiral (RALH) titles are already taken.  One of you would need to get promoted before those would be open.  If you guys have not moved up in rank, then we will need a another title, plenty of time for that.

‹‹ Kansas ranks last....      Huelskamp.... ››

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.