Forbes ranks K State as #1 most cost Effective Football Program
Posted: 19 December 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  119
Joined  2012-10-28

USA TODAY - Paul Myerberg have a story today on College Football revenue - Top 10.  K State is not in the TOP 10 but Forbes ranks K State #1 in cost effectiveness.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/19/college-football-most-valuable-teams-texas-notre-dame/1779945/

It has a great picture of the trophy celebration following the Texas game.

Also of interest to Kansas residents..  The lowly Chickenhawk football program is the least cost effective football program as rated by Forbes.

Texas continues to be King of College Football in revenue, which in light of their last few seasons seems to defy logic.

Posted: 20 December 2012 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2012-10-11

These polls/lists are always an interesting read.  What is more important?  That you make the most money(Texas) or how you spend the money you make(KSU), I would have liked for them to combine the list and give us a top 10 of who makes the most and spent it the best.  That tells me more than either list standing on their own.  For instance I would like to see a school reinvesting the profits from the sports back into the sports teams that created it.  We all know that’s not really possible as men’s sports and football in general supports the women’s sports and almost all others the schools have.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.