The Rocky Ford School District #70 was organized in 1885. The current limestone school building was constructed in 1903. In January 1927 the original school burned but it was reconstructed by builder Fred Hulse using the 1903 stone walls. An outhouse was built in 1904, a well was first excavated in 1909, but a new well was dug in 1933, and a merry-go-round was installed in 1929. School was held here until 1947. In January 2012 the school was listed on the National and State Register of Historic Places. In 1987 the building was given to the Riley County Historical Society by U.S.D. # 383.
Featuring patriotic songs and cowboy songs sung by Linda Uthoff at 3 p.m. Also featuring cookies, coffee and tea. The event is free, but donations would be appreciated. Any money raised will be used to make improvements on the school, which is on both the state and national registers of historic places.