Response to recent fire is a reminder that we live in a sharing community

By Letters to the Editor

My daughter’s apartment house was extensively damaged by a fire the night of Dec. 17-18. The building housed six people in two apartments.  The next morning after church, we were able to enter the still dripping, blackened mess and begin getting out what could be salvaged. Since we hadn’t expected to move her back home at that point, we brought over clothes baskets and a couple of boxes, but not enough to get things out.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502 | Copyright 2016