To the Editor:
In the Mercury’s letters to the editor Tuesday, Nolan Carlson gushes about President Barack Obama, his accomplishments, and “…his lack of pomposity and arrogance.”
I have listed a dozen reasons why Obama is not bragging about his record:
1. Spending $1.50 for every dollar of revenue and running trillion-dollar annual deficits, which ended up in the lowering of the U.S. debt rating.
2. Two and one-half million fewer Americans have jobs than before the Obama stimulus spending.
3. The General Motors bailout cost American bond holders $15 billion to $20 billion in an effort to pay off the UAW.
4. No federal budget has been passed during Obama’s tenure.
5. 46 million people are now receiving food stamps.
6. 14 million people are projected to lose their employer-sponsored health care because of Obamacare.
7. The IRS scandal, the Benghazi scandal, the Fast and Furious scandal…
8. Failure to OK the Keystone pipeline and the creation of an immediate 20,000 jobs.
9. NSA spying, violating the privacy of all Americans.
10. Proposing amnesty for illegal aliens in an effort to increase the Democrat voting base.
11. Insisting that Catholic institutions provide birth con-trol coverage in their insurance plans.
12. 4.8 million babies aborted during his first term.