1. Should the city extend non-discrimination protections to include sexual orientation? If so, should an exemption be permitted for religious beliefs?
Yes, ALL citizens should be protected against discrimination. Exemptions should be granted only if the organization seeking the exemption is funded and operated by a recognized church/religious organization (except Westboro Baptist Church).
2. To what extent would you favor exploration of inter-governmental consolidation?
I support a privately funded study of the idea. However, I have no current opinion on whether the governments should consolidate.
3. Do you think the city needs a vicious/dangerous breed ordinance?
The city needs a vicious dog ordinance, not a vicious breed ordinance. Vicious dogs are made by irresponsible owners, they are not vicious because of their breed.
4. Do you think the city needs to do more with gun control?
Yes. The city needs to repeal ordinances which would seek to prevent the lawful carry of firearms. Cities where firearms are banned have higher crime rates than cities with looser gun laws. I endorse the lawful open and concealed carry of firearms.
5. Should the city revisit a rental inspection program?
No. Habitability of a dwelling should be left up to the potential tenant and the landlords.
6. Should the city build, expand or improve its Parks and Rec Department offices?
I agree that the Parks and Rec Department needs a new facility, however I do not think building or expanding is the proper course of action. The city would likely come out much better financially by renting or purchasing an existing property that meets the department’s needs.