Mostly Cloudy


Lab fire in Ward Hall

By The Mercury

The Manhattan Fire Department responded Wednesday at approximately 11 a.m. to reports of a small lab fire in Ward Hall at Kansas State University.

Officials said a chemical caught fire in one of the building’s labs, but that lab workers had extinguished it before firefighters arrived. At press time, officials said they were unsure how the fire started.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502 | Copyright 2017