• Overall homecoming record: 31-61-5
* Homecoming record under Bill Snyder: 16-5
• First homecoming win: 7-6 against the University of Missouri on Nov. 11, 1916.
• Greek house decoration competition began 1923.
• The first homecoming parade was held 1932.
• The 1939 homecoming football game against the University of Nebraska was the first college homecoming game and the second college football game ever televised. K-State lost 9-25.
• A homecoming queen was selected from 1936 until 1972, when the students challenged the tradition. That year, Steven “Panther” Schuessler was selected as a male homecoming queen candidate by his residence hall.
• A homecoming couple was selected in 1973 before the royalty concept was abolished.
* K-State Student Ambassadors were first selected in 1977.
• A “bodybuilding” competition that was once a part of the homecoming festivities involved stunt work dangerous enough to cause it to be removed. Broken bones and a ruptured spleen were among the injuries during the 1988 edition.