Grilled Stone Fruit with Balsamic Glace and Mascarpone Cremé
2 white peaches
2 red plums
Non-stick cooking spray
Fresh basil for garnish, optional
For balsamic glace
2 cups of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of sugar
For mascarpone cremé
4 ounces mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons sugar (you can adjust for sweetness)
Pinch of salt
1. Create balsamic glace: Pour 2 cups of balsamic vinegar into a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
2. Once it reaches a rolling boil, cut the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes or until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Cool sauce until thick.
3. In a separate bowl, mix mascarpone, honey, cinnamon and sugar together. If it’s too thick, add a little milk until desired thickness. Chill until service.
4. Cut fruits in half and remove pits. Spray non-stick cooking spray on peaches and nectarines. Brush balsamic glace on plums. Grill on each side over a medium-high grill until charred.
5. To serve, place halved fruit on a plate. In center of the fruits, add mascarpone cremé and drizzle plate with balsamic glace.
6. Garnish with basil, if desired.