Fire destroys Ogden home

By The Mercury

A fire destroyed an Ogden mobile home early Saturday morning.

At around 1:46 a.m. Saturday, the Riley County Fire District was called for a structure fire at 509 S Park St. in Ogden.

When the first truck arrived, the mobile home in Lot #1 was a blaze. The Manhattan Fire Department provided mutual aid along with three other Riley County stations and around 15 volunteer firefighters. (Keats, Tatarrax and Tuttle Cove)

No one was home at the time of the fire and the mobile home was a total loss.

The tenant was listed as Carrie Maldenodo by the owner Kevin Stilley of Manhattan.

The cause of the fire appeared to be an electrical short in the master bedroom.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502 | Copyright 2016