Possible Drizzle


Fire damages new Ogden Pizza Hut

By The Mercury

Firefighters from Riley County responded to Pizza Hut in Ogden, 523 Riley Ave., for a structure fire around 2 p.m. Thursday.

Riley County Emergency Management Director Pat Collins said no one was injured in the small fire that started in the attic of the newly constructed building.

He said it caused about $1,000 in damage and closed the business until the evening. Collins said the cause of the fire is unknown.

“We’re really not sure what caused the fire,” he said. “There was no wiring in the area or duct work.”

He said 18 to 20 firefighters responded to the fire, which burned a 1-foot hole in the ceiling.

The westbound lane of Riley Avenue was closed to traffic for about an hour, but it only took three to four minutes to put out the flames, Collins said.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502 | Copyright 2017